An Estate is the accumulated wealth or assets owned by an individual, while Estate Planning are actions and processes required in arranging a person’s wealth and assets, including the management and their disposals, during a lifetime, or upon death and other incapacities.
With estate and legacy planning, you are able to pass what you have on to whom you want, when you want, and in the manner you want. This will prevent unnecessary costs (litigation, probate, etc.) or chaos in your estate.
An Estate Plan allows you:
- To have a say in what happens to you, your assets and loved ones when you can no longer actively dictate same
- Ensure the continuity and protection of your business and business interests
- Deliberately ascertain all your assets and entitlements (including work benefits/gratuity) and who would benefit from same in your absence or death
- Structure your assets to minimize avoidable crises among loved ones in your absence
- To make special provisions for minors and differently enabled (disabled) children;
To ensure your Estate is not exposed to Extended family’s manipulations
- To enjoy continuity of your lifestyle and that of your spouse (in your absence)
- To facilitate continuity of charitable deeds that are important to you and preservation of your legacy; and
- To cater for funeral arrangements.
How we fit in
We identify the potential impacts that threaten the continuity of your wealth, legacy & family harmony and apply our expertise as private client professionals to guarantee the preservation & sustainability of your wealth and affairs for generations to come.
Reach out to our Advisors to get started.
Bill Gates Gets Emotional About Divorce, Empty Nesting: ‘It’s Been a Year of Great Personal Sadness For Me’. Read More
Billionaire Family Feud Puts a Century-Old Business Empire in Jeopardy Read More
More millennials are making wills. Read More
Mukesh Ambani eyes Walmart’s Walton family for succession Plan. Read More